Pre-Kindergarten Student Enrollment for 2020-2021:
Mexia ISD offers full-day Pre-Kindergarten. Enrollments are offered for eligible Pre-Kindergarten students with ineligible students being enrolled with tuition as space allows.
- Guardians of 2020-2021 Pre-Kindergarten students may use the Skyward Online Enrollment link to set up an account and access the Online Enrollment system when Pre-Kindergarten Online Enrollment opens on May 4, 2020.
- If guardians have another child already enrolled at MISD, they will use their Skyward Family Access account to access the Online Enrollment system by clicking the MISD New Enrollment on the left side menu.
- After completing the online process, go to McBay campus to complete enrollment verification on a future designated date. Be sure to bring originals of the required documents.
Who qualifies for free Pre-Kindergarten?
Eligibility requirements for Pre-Kindergarten are set forth by the State of Texas with criteria from the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for Pre-Kindergarten:
Children must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year (September 1, 2020, for 2020-2021 school year) and must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP]; or
- Be homeless; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing; or
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award such as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code.
If a four year old child does not meet any of the above criteria, the only exception to the eligibility requirements is if the four year old was eligible and was served at age three during the previous year in a previous district's three year old Pre-Kindergarten program. The three year old Pre-Kindergarten qualifying documentation must be provided from the previous in-state public or charter school district upon enrollment.
To learn more about the state requirements visit TEA website -Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines
KINDERGARTEN STUDENT ENROLLMENT FOR 2020-2021:
- Guardians of currently enrolled MISD 2019-2020 Pre-Kindergarten students may use Skyward Family Access to register their student for next year (2020-2021) when the returning student registration opens this summer. Do not complete the New Student Online application if your student currently attends MISD!
- Guardians of students who will be new to MISD for 2020-2021 may use the new online enrollment link to set up an account and access the Skyward Online Enrollment link when Kindergarten Online Enrollment opens on May 4, 2020. Students entering kindergarten for the first time must be 5 on or before September 1, 2020.
- After completing the online process, go to McBay campus to complete enrollment verification on a future designated date.