New Student Online Enrollment for 2021-2022 will begin this summer (See 2021-2022 New Student Online Enrollment).
PK and KG may use the New Student Online Enrollment portal beginning April 2, 2021 (See 2021-2022 Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Online Enrollment).
- The processing of new online applications (NSOE) and withdrawals will be managed by the Campus Registrars.
- All required enrollment documentation may be uploaded into the New Student Online Enrollment Portal.
- Guardian identification and all required documentation must be brought to the enrolling campus before student enrollment is finalized.
- Questions can be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who qualifies for enrollment?
MISD shall admit all persons who are over five and younger than 21 years of age on September 1 of any school year in which admission is sought, and may admit a person who is at least 21 and under 26 for the purpose of completing the requirements for a high school diploma, if any of the following conditions exist:
- MISD RESIDENT: The family lives in the district boundary lines. (state-mandated)
- STUDENT AND PARENT CONSERVATOR: When parents are divorced and one of the two parents, who has custody, lives in the district. (state-mandated)
- POWER OF ATTORNEY: The family has signed legal rights for the child to a family who resides in the district. (state-mandated)
- MULTIPLE FAMILY OR HOMELESS: The family lives with another family, who is a district resident, due to financial hardship OR the family does not have a permanent residence and qualifies as homeless. (state-mandated)
- RESIDENT GRANDPARENT: A grandparent, serving as a caretaker for the child, lives in the MISD zone, even though the parents do not and the child does not. (state-mandated)
- STAFF MEMBER CHILD: Parent works in MISD. (local decision)
- DISTRICT TRANSFER: Student does not live in MISD but is asking to attend MISD—limited to space available. (local decision). A Student Transfer Application will need to be completed and then approved by campus principal and Superintendent.
- STUDENTS LIVING SEPARATE AND APART
- FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENT
- RESIDENTIAL FACILITY STUDENT