Centralized Student Enrollment and Withdrawal began Monday, March 23, 2020, and will continue while MISD campuses are closed.
- The processing of new online applications (NSOE) and withdrawals for the remainder of this current school year are being managed by the District PEIMS Coordinator.
- All required enrollment documentation must be uploaded and/or attached in the New Student Online Enrollment Portal before an application will receive approval.
- Once campuses re-open, the campus registrars will resume the enrollment process as usual and the required documentation must be presented in person to the campus.
- Questions can be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who qualifies for enrollment?
MISD shall admit all persons who are over five and younger than 21 years of age on September 1 of any school year in which admission is sought, and may admit a person who is at least 21 and under 26 for the purpose of completing the requirements for a high school diploma, if any of the following conditions exist:
- MISD RESIDENT: The family lives in the district boundary lines. (state-mandated)
- STUDENT AND PARENT CONSERVATOR: When parents are divorced and one of the two parents, who has custody, lives in the district. (state-mandated)
- POWER OF ATTORNEY: The family has signed legal rights for the child to a family who resides in the district. (state-mandated)
- MULTIPLE FAMILY OR HOMELESS: The family lives with another family, who is a district resident, due to financial hardship OR the family does not have a permanent residence and qualifies as homeless. (state-mandated)
- RESIDENT GRANDPARENT: A grandparent, serving as a caretaker for the child, lives in the MISD zone, even though the parents do not and the child does not. (state-mandated)
- STAFF MEMBER CHILD: Parent works in MISD. (local decision)
- DISTRICT TRANSFER: Student does not live in MISD but is asking to attend MISD—limited to space available. (local decision).A Student Transfer Application will need to be completed and then approved by campus principal and Superintendent.
- STUDENTS LIVING SEPARATE AND APART
- FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENT
- RESIDENTIAL FACILITY STUDENT